2015 Hornet Rules (12/4/14)
THIS DIVISION IS FOR 12 YEARS OLD & OLDER!!!
NO ONE WITH ANY EXPERIENCE IN ANY OTHER DIVISION WILL BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN THIS DIVISION!!
Frame & Body
1. American passenger car only. No convertibles.
2. Front or Rear wheel drive cars.
3. Wheelbase Max 103”
4. Steel or Aluminum bodies; 64” max width of body; NO SPOILERS OF ANY KIND, ANYWHERE!
5. Fabricated bodies are expected to resemble late model or modified type race cars
6. Aftermarket polypropylene nose pieces allowed;HOWEVER MUST BE INSIDE OR FLUSH WITH FRONT TIRES; 64” max width
7. One (1) loop bar or chain on both ends mandatory for tow hookups
8. No mirrors
9. No tube frames
10. Full OEM frames only
11. Numbers must be on both doors & top of car. Must be at least 4” thick & 20” high.
1. 2350lbs minimum with driver after race
2. Any bolt on weight must be securely mounted
3. All bolt on weight must be painted white and have car number on it
4. NO bolt on weight in driver compartment!
1. Modified 4 point steel cage mandatory
2. 1 ½ diameter; .095 wall with gussets as needed welded to (4) 4x4 plate bolted to floor
3. Bars may pass thru firewall forward or rear
4. 3 door bars inside the driver’s door mandatory
5. Galvanized aluminum or exhaust tubing is not permitted
6. Approved padding must be used at any point where driver contact might occur
7. Maximum number of places roll cage may be anchored to car is six (6)
8. All bars around drivers head must be padded for safety
9. Must have minimum of one (1) cross bar in top halo of roll cage
1. Helmets are required and must be a minimum of SA2005 with certification label inside helmet....BUT STARTING 2016 HELMET MUST BE SA2010 OR NEWER!!
2. Helmets must be worn at all times car is on track
3. SFI approved flame/fire retardant fire suits, gloves and shoes are mandatory
4. An approved head/neck restraint system is mandatory (Hans, G-force, Hutchens or SFI rated neck collar
5. Nomex underwear is highly recommended
6. Seat belts and shoulder harness cannot be more than three years old
7. The date of manufacture should remain visible at all times
8. A lever-type quick release latch must be fastened to the lap belt
9. All seat belts and shoulder harnesses must connect at the lap belt with a quick-release buckle acceptable to series officials
10. Only custom manufactured racing aluminum seats acceptable to officials
11. All seats should have padded rib protectors
12. All seats are required to have a head rest on the right side
13. All belts must be a minimum of three (3) inches wide
14. Belts must be bolted to the roll cage with no less than 3/8inch bolt
15. A center, crotch belt must be securely mounted to the lower seat frame at the bottom and to the lap seat belt on the top
16. Where the belts pass through the seat edges, it must have a grommet installed, be rolled, and/or padded to prevent cutting of the belt
17. Window nets are mandatory
18. Windshield must have three (3) bars in front of driver.
19. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on and strapped in driver’s seat.
1. 12 gallon max fuel cell
2. Fuel cells are mandatory
3. Must have screw or lock type cars
4. Must be securely strapped with a minimum of two 2”inch thick steel straps
THERE IS A $500.00 ENGINE CLAIM:
1ST TIME REFUSAL: LOSE MONEY & POINTS AND A 2 SHOW SUSPENSION
2ND TIME REFUSAL: LOSE MONEY & POINTS AND A 4 SHOW SUSPENSION
3RD TIME REFUSAL: LOSE MONEY & POINTS AND A 1 YEAR SUSPENSION
CLAIM DOES NOT INCLUDE:
CLUTCH, PRESSURE PLATES, BELL HOUSING, HEADERS, CARB, STARTER, MOTOR MOUNTS, OIL SENDIN UNITS, CARB SPACER, FAN, PULLEYS, CLUTCH BALL, CLUTCH ARM, THROW OUT BEARING, WATER PUMP, FUEL PUMP, DISTRIBUTOR, PLUG WIRES, BREATHERS.
ALL CARS MUST USE MAX. 7600RPM REV LIMITER CHIP. THIS MAY BE ACCOMPLISHED USING ONE, NON-ADJUSTABLE, 12 VOLT IGNITION BOX WITH ONE HIGH END REV LIMITER SETTING OR AN INTERNAL SETTING INSIDE BOX. MSD #8728 REV CONTROL OR MSD #8738 ADDITIONAL REV CONTROL BOX ALLOWED. PRESET CRANE #6000-6478 IGNITION BOX ALLOWED. NO ADDITIONAL IGNITION ACCESSORIES ALLOWED. ALL COMPONENTS MUST BE OUT OF REACH OF DRIVER, BUT ACCESSIBLE FOR INSEPECTION. NO MAGNETOS OR CRANK TRIGGERS
1. Four (4) cylinder engines only
2. 145 cubic inch limit
3. Any flat tappet camshaft
4. Adjustable cam gear allowed
5. Rotary and/or Turbo engines are not permitted
6. No roller anything may touch the cam shaft
7. No Aluminum heads
8. Headers must be pointed down or to the rear
9. Engines must be in original position (No setback)
10. OEM Block
11. 5.7 Max Rod Length
12. 2300 Crank Only
13. No Crankshaft work (lightning, etc..)
14. Maximum stroke 3.126
15. 1” inspection plug in oil pan above oil level
1. Stock Holley 350 ONLY – (checked w/ go-no-go)
2. Stock Intake NO altering
3. One (1) inch MAX. spacer
4. Two (2) throttle return springs mandatory mounted to engine
1. OEM stock spindles only
2. Adjustable spring buckets ok
3. NO EXTRA SHOCKS OR COILS
4. NO ALUMINUM SHOCKS
5. RACING SHOCKS ALLOWED
6. NO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS (SCHRADER VALVES OK)
1. Quick release style only
2. Steering quickner ok
3. Steering box must remain in stock location
Rearends, Transmission, Clutch, Flywheels
1. Any stock transmission
2. Stock rearends: locked rearend ok
3. No lightweight or aluminum flywheels
4. Flywheel weight must be 20lbs minimum
5. Stock OEM Clutch
1. Gas ONLY....NO alcohol
Wheels, Tires & Brakes
1. 13, 14, 15 inch in diameter tires only. Max. tire size allowed, any DOT Highway legal 225 series. MUST be available by retail to the public. Hoosier Stocker 195/70-14 Allowed.
2. Max 7” wide wheel
3. Beadlock right rear only
4. Oversized lug nut required for all four (4) wheels
5. No wheel spacers allowed
6. Stock brake systems only.
7. Brake adjusters allowed front to back ONLY
Disclaimer: The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.